FREE Registration for Self Defence Training

The Special Police Unit for Women and Children is organising 15 Days Self Defence Techniques Training Programme for the School / College going Girls, Working Women and Housewives. If you are interested fill up the Google Form.

Domestic Violence

What is Domestic Violence?
Domestic Violence implies any kind of mental, verbal, physical, sexual or financial abuse by any male member at home.


What can you do?
You can take recourse in PWDVA or 498-A of IPC if violence is inflicted by husband or his relatives and it is to anextentof causing you grave mental and physically injury.

The Law can help you fight for your rights

  1. Under the Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act, 2005, you can file a case in the Court directly or take help of Delhi Legal Service Authority (DLSA) or any other legal practitioner and get:
  2. Protection Order, where a Protection Officer is assigned to you under section 18 D.V.Act
  3. Residence Order, where no-one can throw you out of your home under section 19 D.V.Act
  4. Monetary Relief, where you get maintenance, and compensation for expenses incurred due to violence, including medical under section 20 D.V.Act
  5. Temporary custody of your children under section 21 D.V.Act

How can we help you?

  1. The complaint under the PWDVA can be lodged directly with the Police, who has to record a Direct Information Report(DIR).
  2. The DIR has to be forwarded to a Protection Officer and the Local Magistrate.
  3. Police assists you in making sure all court orders are enforced.
  4. The Police continues all investigations of cognizable offences under the Indian Penal Code such as Rape, Dowry, 498a, hurt etc.